Garbo Productions Theatre Company was founded in 1999 by Margaret Callan-Bergin. Garbo Productions has as its main activities Theatre production and ,Theatre-in education plays and programmes , drama and theatre based programmes and community projects.
About Margaret Callan Bergin
Margaret is a writer, director, actor and producer. Margaret Callan Bergin is a member of the Irish playwrights and Screenwriters Guild.
She has written plays for children and her children’s stories can be seen on R.T.E’s Story lane. Margaret has vast experience of acting, writing, direction and workshop facilitation in a variety of contexts. She has also written and directed for Tallaght Youth Theatre, Dublin Youth Theatre. Margaret has also worked for Graffitti Theatre Company as an actor/ teacher. Margaret has designed and delivered a wide variety of drama based workshop programmes.
“To captivate young children and raise their awareness of the problem of litter while having fun is important and necessary. I welcome and encourage such projects and congratulate Margaret Callan-Bergin from Garbo Productions on developing and delivering this imaginative practical and enjoyable project. I have also seen Garbo Production’s plays and it is amazing to see just how much the children in the audience engaged with the story and characters it’s amazing.”
Mayor of South Dublin Councillor Maire Corr April 2011
Garbo Productions mission statement
Garbo Productions was set up in 1999 by Margaret Callan-Bergin.
Garbo has 6 specific aims to its mission as a theatre Production Company.
- Professional theatre company that produces high quality theatre-in-education
- To produce high quality, professional theatre for adults.
- To enter into partnership and collaboration with the local community to produce and stage original scripts. Through this process, produce scripts relevant to groups involved, thus giving people a voice through theatre to the community at large
- To produce original writing
- To create sustainable employment for a full company of actors technicians and drama teachers
- To set up a permanent theatre venue for Garbo Productions to deliver the above and provide a professional theatre training ground for people of ages in Clondalkin and Lucan